Sims 3 is not Sims 2.5 (Just a rant)

Go down

Sims 3 is not Sims 2.5 (Just a rant)

Post  Wizplace on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:16 pm

Why do people on the Ideas and Feedback try to bring back EVERYTHING from Sims2?
I mean seriously this is not Sims 2.5. If you want to have ever single feature from the Sims 2 then play the Sims 2.
And if they re-create every single expansion pack then people will complain and say it was not they way in Sims 2.
NEWS FLASH: THIS ISNT SIMS 2 It's SIMS 3. And it's not the SEQUEL but the PREQUEL therefore different features for a completely different game. silent
This isn't Sims 2.5 be happy with the expansion we have and stop complaining about the ones we don't have.
Same EPs:
Ambitions-Open for Business
Pets-Pets
Showtime-Superstar
I WANT CHANGE!
(Sorry it's not against anyone on this forum just my thoughts in a happy place so I wouldn't get slashed.) Embarassed
avatar
Wizplace
Admin

Posts : 285
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 22
Location : Right next to you.

http://wizplace-studios.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 2

Post  Callum9432 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:36 pm

But there is a difference between playing Sims 2 and having some things from Sims 2 in Sims 3.

If you play Sims 2, you don't get any of the extra customization, and you don't get the open neighbourhood or Story Progression.

I see nothing wrong with having some favourites from a game we loved, put into a new version of that game.


Last edited by Wizplace on Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missing the I in having :()
avatar
Callum9432
Admin

Posts : 40
Join date : 2012-01-29
Location : Scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 2.5

Post  Wizplace on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:44 pm

Callum9432 wrote:But there is a difference between playing Sims 2 and having some things from Sims 2 in Sims 3.

If you play Sims 2, you don't get any of the extra customization, and you don't get the open neighbourhood or Story Progression.

I see nothing wrong with having some favourites from a game we loved, put into a new version of that game.
But it gets annoying when people keep asking for the same things over and over and over again.
I go into the ideas and feedback and I see about 50 million SEASONS, WE WANT SEASONS, DISABILITES!
I mean really people go to far with some of the stuff they put out there..
Disabilities seriously? People get offended by it. Very Happy
avatar
Wizplace
Admin

Posts : 285
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 22
Location : Right next to you.

http://wizplace-studios.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 is not Sims 2.5 (Just a rant)

Post  Callum9432 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:48 am

Wizplace wrote:
Callum9432 wrote:But there is a difference between playing Sims 2 and having some things from Sims 2 in Sims 3.

If you play Sims 2, you don't get any of the extra customization, and you don't get the open neighbourhood or Story Progression.

I see nothing wrong with having some favourites from a game we loved, put into a new version of that game.
But it gets annoying when people keep asking for the same things over and over and over again.
I go into the ideas and feedback and I see about 50 million SEASONS, WE WANT SEASONS, DISABILITES!
I mean really people go to far with some of the stuff they put out there..
Disabilities seriously? People get offended by it. Very Happy
I can see your point there.

I would like Seasons too, along with University, but the constant threads demanding that we get it now do get quite annoying. If you want it that badly, ask nicely, don't demand. And try to help out the Dev team by making suggestions so that they know what people want. Making a thread titled 'WE NEED SEASONS NOW' or 'GIVE USE SEASONS RIGHT NOW', that has no suggestions inside is useless to the Dev team. They might as well just delete those threads Rolling Eyes

As for disabilities, they have never been in Sims and I hgihly doubt that they ever will be. It is just too much of a sensitive area for some people. I like to play Sims realisticly, but that doesn't change the fact that it is a game. I don't play everything realsiticly (when do you ever go tomb raiding on a trip to Egypt?) and I'd like to keep it that way. Life simulator or not, Sims isn't meant to reflect the good and bad sides of life exactly. Particularly the bad sides.

Diseases is a bit different. People often say "There have never been deadly diseases in Sims, and there never will be" That is not true, Sims 3 is the only game so far that doesn't have deadly diseases. But all of the diseases in previous games were made up, and they weren't realistic. The Mysterious Illness was cleared by resting for a few days. You can't exactly be cured of Cancer by staying in bed for 3 days, can you.

I would not mind the return of any of the diseases we have had in the past, or some new ones for Sims3, but I don't want any real-life diseases. I lost 3 of my 4 grandparents, my aunt and my uncle to cancer. Why would I want to have that in a game I play for fun?
avatar
Callum9432
Admin

Posts : 40
Join date : 2012-01-29
Location : Scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 2.5

Post  Wizplace on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Callum9432 wrote:
Wizplace wrote:
Callum9432 wrote:But there is a difference between playing Sims 2 and having some things from Sims 2 in Sims 3.

If you play Sims 2, you don't get any of the extra customization, and you don't get the open neighbourhood or Story Progression.

I see nothing wrong with having some favourites from a game we loved, put into a new version of that game.
But it gets annoying when people keep asking for the same things over and over and over again.
I go into the ideas and feedback and I see about 50 million SEASONS, WE WANT SEASONS, DISABILITES!
I mean really people go to far with some of the stuff they put out there..
Disabilities seriously? People get offended by it. Very Happy
I can see your point there.

I would like Seasons too, along with University, but the constant threads demanding that we get it now do get quite annoying. If you want it that badly, ask nicely, don't demand. And try to help out the Dev team by making suggestions so that they know what people want. Making a thread titled 'WE NEED SEASONS NOW' or 'GIVE USE SEASONS RIGHT NOW', that has no suggestions inside is useless to the Dev team. They might as well just delete those threads Rolling Eyes

As for disabilities, they have never been in Sims and I hgihly doubt that they ever will be. It is just too much of a sensitive area for some people. I like to play Sims realisticly, but that doesn't change the fact that it is a game. I don't play everything realsiticly (when do you ever go tomb raiding on a trip to Egypt?) and I'd like to keep it that way. Life simulator or not, Sims isn't meant to reflect the good and bad sides of life exactly. Particularly the bad sides.

Diseases is a bit different. People often say "There have never been deadly diseases in Sims, and there never will be" That is not true, Sims 3 is the only game so far that doesn't have deadly diseases. But all of the diseases in previous games were made up, and they weren't realistic. The Mysterious Illness was cleared by resting for a few days. You can't exactly be cured of Cancer by staying in bed for 3 days, can you.

I would not mind the return of any of the diseases we have had in the past, or some new ones for Sims3, but I don't want any real-life diseases. I lost 3 of my 4 grandparents, my aunt and my uncle to cancer. Why would I want to have that in a game I play for fun?
People don't think about those types of things and I for one have a condition myself.
avatar
Wizplace
Admin

Posts : 285
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 22
Location : Right next to you.

http://wizplace-studios.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 is not Sims 2.5 (Just a rant)

Post  Ginger Dawg on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:29 pm

Well, again, I have to say that making the Sims 3 a prequel to the Sims 2 is about the dumbest idea ever, because a lot of the things that are now available in the Sims 3 weren't in the Sims 2. That's why it should have been a *sequel* not a prequel.

Also, people refuse to realise that the only reason there was a University in the first place is because that permitted the teens to go from teen to young adult to adult. It was a transitional time for them. Unlike in TS3, YA's in TS2 could not hold down a full-time job; they could get engaged, but not married, *and* they could not have a family...all of which they can do in TS3. Also, many people on the TS2 Suggest An Idea forum were begging to be able to play Young Adults in the neighborhood because they hated having to send their teens to the University *because they found it boring*.

Nostalgia is a wonderful sauce. It give the illusion that things were a lot better in the past than they actually were. I will admit that TS3 can use some improvements in the interactions department, as well as some obvious things that were left out, such as being able to disable the carpool when a Sim buys a car. But other than that, it's a different game from TS2...and you are not the only one who has felt that people really wanted a Sims 2.5 and were disappointed when they didn't get it.
avatar
Ginger Dawg
Admin

Posts : 63
Join date : 2012-01-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 is not Sims 2.5 (Just a rant)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum