Wizplace Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it wrong to disagree?

4 posters

Go down

Is it wrong to disagree? Empty Is it wrong to disagree?

Post  Wizplace Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:50 am

From my post on the TS3 general discussions board if you haven't seen it:
Is it wrong to disagree? It seems like people on here get upset when you don't agree with their thread. They give you the old "If you don't like them then don't read them." Or accuse you of being a troll.
Am I wrong to disagree with some of the threads?
For example:
Seasons
I see those poping up like wild fires every single day. I want Seasons and I know you want Seasons. There's so many seasons threads out there. Why start another one?
I don't disagree I just get annoyed at why people post the same idea over and over again.
Also when it comes down to the "new ideas" there all from TS2. I've seen those before.
Can somebody please explain to me why disagreeing causes so much?
"Why do you disagree with everyone?"
Do those people not understand that I have a right to post in that thread? I feel exluded when people single me out on that type of stuff. Then they accuse you of being a troll. I mean serisly what is the defintion of a troll anymore on this site?
-Thanks for reading my rant Cool
Do you have the same problem?
Do people accuse you of being a troll?
Please help me understand.
Wizplace
Wizplace
Admin

https://wizplace-studios.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Is it wrong to disagree? Empty Re: Is it wrong to disagree?

Post  Danimal Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:31 pm

People just want to have their ego stroked. Nobady starts a thread because they really want your opinion, they do it so you'll agree. If you don't, they call you a "troll," depsite that being the wrong use of that term.

In short, you're doing nothing wrong.

Danimal

Back to top Go down

Post  Callum9432 Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:17 pm

Pretty much what Danimal said.

There is also the fact that some people feel insecure about their own opinions, and they will often try and force you to have the same opinion.
Callum9432
Callum9432
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wizplace Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:48 pm

Callum9432 wrote:Pretty much what Danimal said.

There is also the fact that some people feel insecure about their own opinions, and they will often try and force you to have the same opinion.
TRUE THAT!
Wizplace
Wizplace
Admin

https://wizplace-studios.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginger Dawg Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:56 am

It's not wrong to disagree, as long as both parties do it respectfully. The problem is that a lot of people simply cannot tolerate *any* kind of disgareement, because they consider it negative. Well, duh. If all you have is positives, than you have a very dull forum where everyone goes around in lockstep. I once was on a political forum right after 9/11, that was on Yahoo. I got put on moderated status because I dared to disagree with the majority on there who thought it was OUR fault that we got attacked. Needless to say, I left that place because I could tell right away what their definition of "tolerance" was.

But, you should learn to pick your battles wisely and not sweat the small stuff. Multiple Seaons threads are annoying but tolerable. Being called a troll when all you're doing is pointing out some facts based on past experience is not. But again, you have to learn to roll with the punches on that sort of thing.

Above all, don't take it personally.
Ginger Dawg
Ginger Dawg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down